[Yhc] Yhc Web Service quietly opened for public testing

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 11:34:04 EST 2008

Neil,

On 3/4/08, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, that is seriously impressive! I particularly love that the entire
> MainGUI interface is written in Haskell with Yhc/Javascript goodness.

And you may even try to paste its source

http://darcs.haskell.org/yhc/src/yhcws/MainGUI.hs

into the new entry form and compile. I did that once, and it worked.
The only thing to fix is make paths to images and NewEntry.html
absolute, e. g.

condAtt "error.png" "error_log" "view error log"

changes to

condAtt "/static/yhcws/error.png" "error_log" "view error log"

and so for all images and NewEntry.html.

The thing is CouchDB based, and all its "fixed resources" are
attachments to the "yhcws" document located in the "static" database,
hence the path.

Or, entirely different user interface can be written: the database
itself just serves JSON objects, all rendering is at the client side.

Even more, using the CouchDB module, one may write a submission
command line utility.

I am going to spend some time on documentation and better examples now.

Have fun ;)

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web