ANNOUNCE: Haskell Communities and Activities Report (1st edition)

C.Reinke C.Reinke@ukc.ac.uk
Thu, 08 Nov 2001 17:42:44 +0000

Dear fellow Haskellers,

some six or seven weeks ago, I explained that we wanted
to try and do something to help improve the communication
between the various groups, projects, and individuals
working on or with Haskell.

A call went out to all of you to contribute brief summaries
of your own area of work. I would collect then all these into
a single report and feed it back to this very mailing list.

True to the spirit of lazy evaluation, it took a long time
to get everything done in the last two weeks, but now the
project has finally taken form. The

  Haskell Communities and Activities Report (1st edition)

is here! Or rather, not here.. Even though we didn't manage
to convince every Haskell project to contribute a summary,
it became clear very quickly that there was just too much
going on to put it all into an unformatted ASCII email. So
we put the information into a more report-like format (which
doesn't mean it is formal;-).

The report is available for download in PDF (with working links and
index, yet printable) or, for those who have problems with the PDF,
in HTML (using John's secret weapon, thanks) and Postscript, from
the Haskell Communities home page:

  http://www.haskell.org/communities/

A big thanks here to everyone who contributed information to the
report! I hope you will find it as interesting to read as we did.

And when we'll try for an update in six months, you might want to
add your own work, project, research area or group as well.

Enjoy (and communicate;-)!

Claus Reinke

--
Computing Laboratory