[Haskell-cafe] Mission: To take args from a list... generally

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 04:25:02 EDT 2006

On 04/10/06, Joel Koerwer <joelkoerwer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm posting my solution in hopes to learn from your comments. This
> solution uses fundeps, multi-parameter classes, and overlapping
> instances. Note that I don't actually understand these things! :)

Nice work! I haven't tried it out, but you seem to have on the right
trick here: typeclass hackery. An interesting related exercise to
develop a similar function using Template Haskell [1]. Also of note
might be Oleg's writings on true polyvariadic functions [2].

[1]: http://haskell.org/th
[2]: http://okmij.org/ftp/Haskell/types.html#polyvar-fn

-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com