It's bug time!

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 6 06:24:44 EDT 2005

Folks,

Here at GHC HQ we've decided the bug list is getting a bit on the long
side.  Furthermore, we plan to put out 6.4.1 in about a month, so it
seems like a good time to have a bug-squashing session.

The sourceforge bug list is here:

Anything that isn't explicitly assigned to someone is up for grabs, and
we'd welcome further information on *any* bug, assigned or not.  If you
have a sourceforge login and want to be added to the dev list for GHC,
let us know.  Even if you don't have a sourceforge login and would like
to tackle a bug, just post here.

Don't pay too much attention to the priorities at the moment, although
anything less than 5 we have deemed to be non-critical and not necessary
for 6.4.1.  Of course, feel free to yell if you disagree.

After the bug squashing, we plan to have a performance-fest.  We have
plenty of performance issues outstanding (in fact, if you know of a
specific perf problem, please submit it as a bug).

Cheers, and happy hunting...

Simon(s)